Attorneys Dedicated To Protecting Your Rights And Freedom
Being charged with a crime is a serious life event. If this has happened to you or your close family member, we strongly advise you to talk with a lawyer before talking to the police. Our law firm, Bonilla & Chapa, P.C., has been a trusted source of legal counsel and advocacy for people in criminal law cases in Texas for more than 60 years. An attorney at our firm can help keep you out of jail and prepare an effective defense for you.
We accept all types of criminal defense cases, including misdemeanors and felonies such as:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Drug crimes, including possession and distribution of controlled substances
- Shoplifting and other types of theft
- Domestic violence, felony assault and other violent crimes
- Arson and vandalism
- Homicide, including manslaughter and murder
- White collar crimes, such as forgery
Watch Out For Special Situations In Your Case
Our experienced defense attorneys can review your case to discover unique aspects of your circumstances, such as the following:
- If you are a minor, we may be able to keep your case in juvenile court, likely with a better outcome.
- If you have been convicted of DUI or another crime in the past, we will help you understand ways to fight a damaging second- or third-offense conviction.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, we will advise you on the best way to approach your defense to avoid the threat of deportation and protect your status if you have a work visa, a green card or another legal status,
- If you did not commit the crime of which you have been accused, we are prepared to defend you at trial after gathering evidence in your favor.
Charged With A Crime? Under Investigation? Contact Us.
At Bonilla & Chapa, P.C., we will always refer to you by name. We will not label you with the crime of which you are accused. Tell us about your criminal arrest or accusations. Your constitutional rights matter to us. Our defense attorneys have more than 200 combined years of experience. We are confident that we can help you start putting your life back together.
Your legal situation may seem urgent after an arrest, but when you meet with one of our defense attorneys, you can expect to find encouragement and hope. Reach out to us by email or by phone at 361-881-1000 to discuss your defense options.