A Personal Injury Law Firm
That Exceeds Your Expectations

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Wrongful Death

Compassionate Support Through Wrongful Death Claims

The shock of losing a family member due to accidental death is unforgettable. Besides the emotional pain, close family members often experience financial losses as well. To help ensure that your family will be able to recover all available compensation after your loved one’s fatality, you should contact an attorney very soon.

At Bonilla & Chapa, P.C., we understand that a family needs time to grieve. It may be difficult to think of talking with a personal injury lawyer about financial and legal things when you are feeling the loss of your father, mother, husband, wife, son or daughter. However, for the sake of your family’s financial future, it is best to get legal counsel without waiting too long.

How Can Family Members Get Financial Relief?

The laws of Texas allow spouses, children and parents to bring claims and lawsuits when an accidental injury was caused by someone’s “wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness or default.” An attorney can gather evidence to show that your family member’s fatal accident was caused by someone’s wrongdoing. Qualified family members can file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible, and if none files a claim within three months, the executor of the estate (personal representative) can do so.

If your wrongful death claim is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for:

  • Your family member’s medical expenses before death
  • Funeral expenses
  • Lost care, maintenance and support that the deceased person used to provide to your family
  • Loss of the person’s wages
  • Loss of love and companionship

If you choose to work with our lawyers, we will start an investigation right away. We want to help you recover all compensation that you are eligible for after your close family member’s fatality. Note: Brothers and sisters cannot usually pursue compensation after a wrongful death. However, if one of them is an executor or personal representative for the estate, that person can bring a claim.

For Information And Compassionate Advice

We are truly sorry for your family’s loss if you are looking at this page after a loved one’s fatal car accident. For 60 years, attorneys at our firm have been helping families like yours pursue full compensation through personal injury and wrongful death claims and lawsuits.

To schedule a no-fee consultation with one of our wrongful death lawyers, call us in Corpus Christi at 361-881-1000 or send an email message.

Hablamos español.

Share This